Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisorDoherty, Mary Lynnen_US
dc.contributor.authorCaliendo, Nina P., 1999--en_US
dc.date.accessioned2021-12-07T15:05:17Z
dc.date.available2021-12-07T15:05:17Z
dc.date.issued2021-12-06
dc.identifier.urihttps://commons.lib.niu.edu/handle/10843/24321
dc.descriptionThis is a collection of notes, comments, and suggestions on how to be the Penguin Players music director based on what I've learned in my time in the position.en_US
dc.description.abstractI worked with the Penguin Players here at Northern Illinois University as their head music director this semester. Penguin Players is a group on campus that puts on a musical with adults with disabilities as the stars. These artists are paired one-on-one with a mentor (usually a special education major) who helps them to learn their lines, songs, and dances. During the show the mentors are on stage with the artists but take a back seat to let the artists step into the spotlight. My job for the show is to teach everyone the songs they perform throughout the show. This includes full ensemble pieces, small group pieces, and solos. I’ve been the music director for the past three years and decided to make a “how to” binder to encapsulate all I’ve learned in my time with these wonderful people. The binder includes everything a music director would need to know from changing the music, to rehearsal techniques, to individual tips on the artists themselves. Penguin Players has been an absolutely wonderful experience that has taught me so much about teaching, myself, and others.en_US
dc.format.extent28 pagesen_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherNorthern Illinois Universityen_US
dc.rightsNIU capstones are protected by copyright. They may be viewed from Huskie Commons for any purpose, but reproduction or distribution in any format is prohibited without the written permission of the authors.en_US
dc.subjectspecial educationen_US
dc.subjectPenguin Playersen_US
dc.subjectmusic educationen_US
dc.subjectdisabilitiesen_US
dc.subjectinclusiveen_US
dc.subjectmusical theatreen_US
dc.titlePenguin Players Music Director Digital Binderen_US
dc.type.genreOtheren_US
dc.typeTexten_US
dc.contributor.departmentSchool of Musicen_US
dc.description.degreeB.A. (Bachelor of Arts)en_US

Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record