Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisorMcCann, Thomasen_US
dc.contributor.authorStamps, Taylor M.en_US
dc.date.accessioned2019-05-08T16:27:40Z
dc.date.available2019-05-08T16:27:40Z
dc.date.issued2019-05-05
dc.identifier.urihttps://commons.lib.niu.edu/handle/10843/20063
dc.description.abstractThis book is a collection of original short stories titled Fabric. Each story features a character that has either been involved in, or heard of, incidents that sparked tension throughout the United States and shocked the Black community. The process for creating these stories involved conducting a tremendous amount of research. These stories are based on true events that have occurred throughout history. This research helped inspire the stories that I created. The short stories are based on slavery, the Tulsa Race Riots, the Tuskegee experiments, the government conspiracy against the Black Panthers, police brutality, and the publics current response to situations that target the Black community. There are also resources for teachers to utilize for each story. I created writing prompts, discussion questions, and activities for them to use when teaching these stories. I also included references where teachers or students can look to for further exploration. I met with my faculty supervisor about once a week to receive feedback and editing suggestions on my stories. This work is significant because it can help spark major discussions about equity and social justice. I am hoping that my target audience, high school students, will be reached and that they understand the message of my story.en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherNorthern Illinois Universityen_US
dc.rightsNIU theses are protected by copyright. They may be viewed from Huskie Commons for any purpose, but reproduction or distribution in any format is prohibited without the written permission of the authors.en_US
dc.subjectshort storiesen_US
dc.titleFabricen_US
dc.type.genreOtheren_US
dc.typeTexten_US
dc.contributor.departmentDepartment of Englishen_US
dc.description.degreeB.A. (Bachelor of Arts)en_US

Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record