Now showing items 1-20 of 52

• The Absence of Humanity 

Ponce, Heriberto, 1975-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-10)
    • Accommodating Complexities 

Zierer, Sean (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Function, flow, and space are the inspiration for this visual study of contemporary hotel architecture. I have been investigating how these hotels welcome their guests through the use of architecture and design. Styles ...
    • The Bigger Picture 

Satkiewicz, M. Mickey, 1998 - (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      The Bigger Picture series is inspired by the saying “when you are too focused on the finer details, you forget about the bigger picture,” which my grandma always said to me when I was growing up.  I tend to focus on details ...
    • Burned Deeply By The Flames of Shame 

Mendoza, Samantha R., 1991-- (2019)
    • Chromatic Reverie 

Zollinger, Paul (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      The phenomenon of color perception is unique to every individual. Our view of color can be shaped by our mood, feelings, and memories. In Chromatic Reverie each frame is projected briefly giving a feeling of impermanence. ...
    • The Comfort Of Restraint 

Terwedow, Scotland E, 1998-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This collection of work was created to draw attention to a side of the bondage-dominance-sadism-masochism, or BDSM, community that is usually portrayed as unwilling victims in mainstream media. The subs and masochists of ...
    • Consequences 

Myrick, Brieana (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Our need for convenience has drastically and permanently damaged the environment. These images explore how we as individuals produce so much waste, most of which is single use plastics and food waste. These photographs ...
    • Constructed Inhumanity 

Bibler, Karl P., 2021-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      This series is a long-term project documenting my own interaction with urban architecture. Distanced or completely separated from human scale, the physical connection with the setting is lost, allowing the work to represent ...
    • The Creatures come out to Play 

Crocker, Megan (Northern Illinois University, 2017-05-10)
      Study on the real vs not real of imagination that captures the mind. To take something that seems so out of touch with reality and bring it to life in photographs.
    • Developing a Critical Perspective of Creative Agency in Digital Environments 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (MacroWorld, 2018-12-12)
      Previous understandings of creativity have focused on the individual, and digital technologies as static tools. Since then, our understanding of creativity has developed through a social psychology understanding to link ...
    • Different Views 

Espejel, Manuel (Northern Illinois Univeristy, 2020-05-04)
      I got into fashion through an older cousin who showed me magazines and had his own boutique store. He was much older than me and had a positive demeanor which showed me how to do more in life. My cousin introduced me to ...
    • Disappear Here 

Barnat, Larissa (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      Through the disappearance, destruction of the environment, and personal loss, my paintings have a feeling of dread. Regarding the destruction of the environment, coral reefs play an essential role for local communities and ...
    • Divinity Series 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My mission is to create works of art that will leave a perpetual impression on the psyche of the viewer. Each piece carries a message that challenges the persona of beauty, love, pain and the hidden stigmas of everyday ...
    • Edge of Epiphany 

Zurlinden, Anna-Marie, 1969-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This body of work deals with the human condition at large, but more specifically contemplates what is shared by mankind across time and culture and seeks to bridge the physical and spiritual of human experience. These ...
    • Forbidden Fruit 

Anders, Briana N, 1994 (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      This series of photographs explores the relationships between color and sexual desire through elaborate scenes involving fruit, people, and objects grouped together according to color theory. This work focuses on common ...
    • Fresh Out 

Viola, Antoinette (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      Fresh Out explores the infinite and indefinable world of femininity. Portraits, still lifes, and installation materials work together to investigate gender performance, power structures, and pleasure paradoxes. Within ...
    • Freshly Settled 

Albano, Kathleen (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Our early 20's are full of fleeting moments. We roam in a strange, yet electric, in-­‐between stage of aging. I became conscious of this myself, when I married at the age of 21. Our days grew shorter, as a youthful routine ...
    • Going Dutch 

Valentine, Aimee J. (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-30)
      Going Dutch is a narrative exploration of the boundaries of object/subject relationships through image, material, and form. Beds, body parts, containers, food, and domestic appliances appear in the work as symbols of ...
    • Gutted: Stem to Stern 

Bath, Zachary J, 1991-- (2020-05)
    • Holding onto Reality 

Rivera, Jacob B., 1997 (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-26)
      A sense of familiarity and comfort can be found in many things we keep close to us. Being at home or with friends and family are examples of what we may consider sources of comfort. Although I am in a place of comfort, ...