Now showing items 1-20 of 35

• The Absence of Humanity 

Ponce, Heriberto, 1975-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-10)
    • Accommodating Complexities 

Zierer, Sean (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Function, flow, and space are the inspiration for this visual study of contemporary hotel architecture. I have been investigating how these hotels welcome their guests through the use of architecture and design. Styles ...
    • Burned Deeply By The Flames of Shame 

Mendoza, Samantha R., 1991-- (2019)
    • Chromatic Reverie 

Zollinger, Paul (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      The phenomenon of color perception is unique to every individual. Our view of color can be shaped by our mood, feelings, and memories. In Chromatic Reverie each frame is projected briefly giving a feeling of impermanence. ...
    • The Comfort Of Restraint 

Terwedow, Scotland E, 1998-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This collection of work was created to draw attention to a side of the bondage-dominance-sadism-masochism, or BDSM, community that is usually portrayed as unwilling victims in mainstream media. The subs and masochists of ...
    • Consequences 

Myrick, Brieana (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Our need for convenience has drastically and permanently damaged the environment. These images explore how we as individuals produce so much waste, most of which is single use plastics and food waste. These photographs ...
    • The Creatures come out to Play 

Crocker, Megan (Northern Illinois University, 2017-05-10)
      Study on the real vs not real of imagination that captures the mind. To take something that seems so out of touch with reality and bring it to life in photographs.
    • Developing a Critical Perspective of Creative Agency in Digital Environments 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (MacroWorld, 2018-12-12)
      Previous understandings of creativity have focused on the individual, and digital technologies as static tools. Since then, our understanding of creativity has developed through a social psychology understanding to link ...
    • Different Views 

Espejel, Manuel (Northern Illinois Univeristy, 2020-05-04)
      I got into fashion through an older cousin who showed me magazines and had his own boutique store. He was much older than me and had a positive demeanor which showed me how to do more in life. My cousin introduced me to ...
    • Divinity Series 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My mission is to create works of art that will leave a perpetual impression on the psyche of the viewer. Each piece carries a message that challenges the persona of beauty, love, pain and the hidden stigmas of everyday ...
    • Edge of Epiphany 

Zurlinden, Anna-Marie, 1969-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This body of work deals with the human condition at large, but more specifically contemplates what is shared by mankind across time and culture and seeks to bridge the physical and spiritual of human experience. These ...
    • Fresh Out 

Viola, Antoinette (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      Fresh Out explores the infinite and indefinable world of femininity. Portraits, still lifes, and installation materials work together to investigate gender performance, power structures, and pleasure paradoxes. Within ...
    • Freshly Settled 

Albano, Kathleen (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Our early 20's are full of fleeting moments. We roam in a strange, yet electric, in-­‐between stage of aging. I became conscious of this myself, when I married at the age of 21. Our days grew shorter, as a youthful routine ...
    • Into My Mind 

Greene, Tyler (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      You ever woke up from a fucked-up dream that has you thinking about it for hours, days even? In my current body of work, I would say those type of dreams are the inspiration for my studio practice. I intent to capture a ...
    • The Invocation 

Saab, Zeinab (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-10)
    • Iterations 

Wojciaczyk, Kinga (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      These works focus on the interconnectedness of the commonplace, the world, and the universe as a whole. Utilizing imagery originating in the natural world, photographic compositions are layered and blended through Photoshop ...
    • load - bearing 

Sawka, Elyse (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      This body of work explores the understanding of literal and metaphoric attachments to intimate spaces I once had access to; my interest lies in memory, identity, and place. This investigation began with photographic ...
    • Love and Justice 

Peters, Hayley (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      From an early age, children pretend and use imagination when playing with their toys and friends. They create their own stories with endless possibilities. When they grow up however, many of them lose that childlike spirit. ...
    • Neglected Interiors 

Zalewski, Linda F., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      The images in the series, Neglected Interiors, capture the remote interior spaces of abandoned industrial buildings. I focus on the aesthetic qualities of the room as there is wonder in the remnants and vacant structures. ...
    • - Nine Years - 

Koenig, Danielle M. (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Danielle Koenig obtained her Associate in Arts degree from Sauk Valley Community College in 2016 and will receiving her B.F.A in Design and Media Arts in photography, in 2020 from NIU. She has been in group exhibitions ...