Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorSatkiewicz, M. Mickey, 1998 -en_US
dc.date.accessioned2021-04-29T17:13:09Z
dc.date.available2021-04-29T17:13:09Z
dc.date.issued2021
dc.identifier.urihttps://commons.lib.niu.edu/handle/10843/23045
dc.description.abstractThe Bigger Picture series is inspired by the saying “when you are too focused on the finer details, you forget about the bigger picture,” which my grandma always said to me when I was growing up.  I tend to focus on details in the world such as the cracks in the road, the pebble in my shoe, and many other seemingly insignificant details in the world, instead of looking at the bigger picture and thinking about things wholistically. When I look at every detail, I become consumed. This feeling of being overwhelmed by all the little stuff takes a toll on many people in today’s world. My series is a reminder to pause, take a deep breath, and look at the bigger picture.    For this series, I photographed common everyday objects under a microscope. Focusing on the small details, similar to how people look at situations in their life in minutiae. The groups of images of the micro world spark curiosity in the viewer about the identity of the item photographed. Discovering the whole object is the first step everyone needs to take to be able to see the bigger picture in their everyday life. en_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherNorthern Illinois Universityen_US
dc.subjectMicroscopicen_US
dc.subjectMagnifieden_US
dc.subjectTextureden_US
dc.subjectAbstracten_US
dc.subjectCollageen_US
dc.subjectMan-madeen_US
dc.subjectReflectionen_US
dc.titleThe Bigger Pictureen_US
dc.type.genrePhotographen_US
dc.typeImageen_US
dc.typeTexten_US
dc.contributor.departmentSchool of Art and Designen_US

Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record