Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisorBlaschak, M. J.en_US
dc.contributor.authorViirre, Rebecca Graceen_US
dc.date.accessioned2016-12-05T21:03:26Z
dc.date.available2016-12-05T21:03:26Z
dc.date.issued2012
dc.identifier.urihttp://commons.lib.niu.edu/handle/10843/17160
dc.descriptionIncludes bibliographical references.en_US
dc.description.abstractThe purpose of my capstone is to research Anterior Cruciate Ligament injuries and the physical therapeutic process to treat the injury. I have always been involved in sports and I have seen a lot of ACL injuries ranging from cheerleading, football, gymnastics, and soccer. This is why I chose to explore ACL injuries is because I want to become a sports physical therapist and work with athletes in the future. I will also be interviewing an NIU student who tore her ACL three years ago. ACL injuries are very common in nature to the fact that the knee is an unstable joint. The bigger and heavier femur sits on top of the smaller tibia. I will fast research the anatomy of the knee and how one injures their ACL. Next I will describe the standard process that most physicians follow when treating a patient with an ACL injury. I will then interview a student who had injured her knee previously and compare her treatment to the standard. I am hoping to find that the standard process matches the case studies process.en_US
dc.format.extent20 pagesen_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherNorthern Illinois Universityen_US
dc.rightsNIU theses are protected by copyright. They may be viewed from Huskie Commons for any purpose, but reproduction or distribution in any format is prohibited without the written permission of the authors.en_US
dc.subjectACL injuryen_US
dc.subjectrehabilitationen_US
dc.titleACL injuries and the rehabilitation processen_US
dc.title.alternativeAnterior Cruciate Ligament injuries and the rehabilitation processen_US
dc.type.genreDissertation/Thesisen_US
dc.typeTexten_US
dc.contributor.departmentSchool of Allied Health and Communicative Disordersen_US
dc.description.degreeB.S. (Bachelor of Science)en_US

Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record