Huskie Commons

The ABC's of the real business cycle

Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisor Lester, Levy en_US Hanson, Timothy Matthew en_US 2016-10-14T14:02:48Z 2016-10-14T14:02:48Z 1992
dc.description Includes bibliographical references. en_US
dc.description.abstract The real business cycle approach to business cycle theory is viable and worthy of extended research. However, it does not resolve the dilemma facing business cycle theorists in coming up with one true explanation of the cycle. Throughout my research paper, I have clearly defined its shortcomings in terms of the non-recognition of money and a refusal to incorporate aggregate demand into the model. As a new theory, my purpose was to gain an enlightened view of what many feel is a revolutionary new way of business cycle thinking. I started with an explanation of what the theory holds as its premise and detailed the theory in action with the use of a simple real cycle model. My research was confined mainly to current economic periodicals along with a few books by real business cycle proponents. While I am a novice in the field of business cycle studies, I feel my paper offers a generous overview of the real business cycle and is accessible to both the layman and expert as well. Hopefully, the reader will be intrigued by my paper and will find it to be an adequate discussion of business cycle analysis. en_US
dc.format.extent 16 pages en_US
dc.language.iso en_US en_US
dc.publisher Northern Illinois University en_US
dc.rights NIU theses are protected by copyright. They may be viewed from Huskie Commons for any purpose, but reproduction or distribution in any format is prohibited without the written permission of the authors. en_US
dc.subject Real Business Cycle en_US
dc.subject business theory en_US
dc.title The ABC's of the real business cycle en_US
dc.type.genre Dissertation/Thesis en_US
dc.type Text en_US
dc.contributor.department Department of Economics en_US

Files in this item

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record

Search Huskie Commons

My Account