Show simple item record

dc.contributor.advisorLester, Levyen_US
dc.contributor.authorHanson, Timothy Matthewen_US
dc.date.accessioned2016-10-14T14:02:48Z
dc.date.available2016-10-14T14:02:48Z
dc.date.issued1992
dc.identifier.urihttp://commons.lib.niu.edu/handle/10843/16716
dc.descriptionIncludes bibliographical references.en_US
dc.description.abstractThe real business cycle approach to business cycle theory is viable and worthy of extended research. However, it does not resolve the dilemma facing business cycle theorists in coming up with one true explanation of the cycle. Throughout my research paper, I have clearly defined its shortcomings in terms of the non-recognition of money and a refusal to incorporate aggregate demand into the model. As a new theory, my purpose was to gain an enlightened view of what many feel is a revolutionary new way of business cycle thinking. I started with an explanation of what the theory holds as its premise and detailed the theory in action with the use of a simple real cycle model. My research was confined mainly to current economic periodicals along with a few books by real business cycle proponents. While I am a novice in the field of business cycle studies, I feel my paper offers a generous overview of the real business cycle and is accessible to both the layman and expert as well. Hopefully, the reader will be intrigued by my paper and will find it to be an adequate discussion of business cycle analysis.en_US
dc.format.extent16 pagesen_US
dc.language.isoen_USen_US
dc.publisherNorthern Illinois Universityen_US
dc.rightsNIU theses are protected by copyright. They may be viewed from Huskie Commons for any purpose, but reproduction or distribution in any format is prohibited without the written permission of the authors.en_US
dc.subjectReal Business Cycleen_US
dc.subjectbusiness theoryen_US
dc.titleThe ABC's of the real business cycleen_US
dc.type.genreDissertation/Thesisen_US
dc.typeTexten_US
dc.contributor.departmentDepartment of Economicsen_US

Files in this item

Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record