Now showing items 1-3 of 3

• The relationship between insufficient sleep and self-rated health in a nationally representative sample 

Geiger, Sarah Dee; Sabanayagam, Charumathi; Shankar, Anoop (Hindawi Publishing Corporation, 2012)
      Reduced sleep has been found to be associated with increased risk of diabetes mellitus, hypertension, cardiovascular disease (CVD), and mortality. Self-rated health (SRH) has been shown to be a predictor of CVD and mortality. ...
    • No association between perfluoroalkyl chemicals and hypertension in children 

Geiger, Sarah Dee; Xiao, Jie; Shankar, Anoop (Dove Medical Press, 2014-01-13)
      Background Hypertension is a leading cause of cardiovascular disease worldwide. Perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) and perfluorooctane sulfonate (PFOS) are perfluoroalkyl chemicals (PFCs) used in the manufacture of common ...
    • SEF Final Report 

Perez, Rosa (2019)
      The project I worked on during my time in the SEF program was The Degradation of Plastic Using Microbes. In my five hours of lab each week, I was able to learn proper aseptic technique. That included using gloves and ...