Huskie Commons

Recently added

University Honors Program: Recent submissions

• Bunton, Emily (Northern Illinois University, 2017-04-25)
    The problem focused in this thesis is educating both professional and student nurses in how to apply ethical decision-making models to a real-life ethical dilemma which occurred in the clinical setting. Using primary and ...
  • Zuidema, L., 1995-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017-04-24)
    With a series of reactions, biological molecules Dopamine and L-Dopa were conjugated with carborane in an effort to synthesize new boron delivery agents for a bimodal cancer treatment known as Boron Neutron Capture Therapy ...
  • Wang, Mollie E., 1995--. (Northern Illinois University, 2017-04-23)
    Equine-assisted psychotherapy is one of various uses of horses in a therapeutic setting. The following paper provides an overview of this treatment method in therapy. Appropriate terminology and definitions are provided ...
  • Goldberg, Jeff (Student of computer science) (Northern Illinois University, 1988)
    The Common Business Oriented Language, COBOL, will celebrate its 30th anniversary in April of next year. The new standard for COBOL compilers, hereafter called COBOL 85, was announced in September of 1985 after seven years ...
  • Prepejchal, David W. (Northern Illinois University, 1986)
    The recent emphasis on pushing forth in an attempt to create a fifth-generation supercomputer has put most of the effort into designing the hardware required by such a machine. The speeds of such devices, which are largely ...
  • Thorsen, Eileen A. (Northern Illinois University, 1987)
    In my independent study proposal, I stated that my project objectives were to learn to program in the language of PL/I and to manipulate data structures (including lists, binary trees, and stacks) in PL/I. These objectives ...
  • Campbell, Rodger B. (Northern Illinois University, 1986)
    This manual is divided into two parts. The first is a tutorial for the new comer to the STUDYPLN. It takes you through each phase of the program step-by-step. The second part is more of a refresher for the different options. ...
  • McCall, Fiona A. (Northern Illinois University, 1987)
  • Karvelis, John Anthony (Northern Illinois University, 1986)
  • Rogers, Thomas L. (Student of anthropology) (Northern Illinois University, 1989)
    The Duck Soup Coup is a large food Co-op in the city of DeKalb which has suffered from the general decline of the health food industry in the last five years. The primary concern of the author was to determine how this ...
  • Stomper, Jeffrey A. (Northern Illinois University, 1989)
    For the past 100 years the jungles of southern Mexico and Central America have been slowly yielding their secrets of the ancient peoples who had once ruled them. These people, the Maya Indians, are considered to have created ...
  • Dickinson, Brooke (Northern Illinois University, 1995)
    As a graphic designer, I consider the freedoms of the First Amendment especially important to my profession as it allows us to communicate our thoughts and feelings to the public. However, as censorship becomes more popular, ...
  • Brown, Wendy (Northern Illinois University, 1988)
    The senses of an entering freshman college student are immediately bombarded with various confusing stimuli. It is a difficult process to search through all of this new information to find that which would interest the ...
  • Hahn, Allison (Student of computer science) (Northern Illinois University, 1985)
    For my Capstone, I assisted Computer Science Instructor Kathi Davis with her implementation of an expert system to translate a conventional file system into a commercial database system. The main purpose of her expert ...
  • Hoch, Jean (Northern Illinois University, 1985)
    During the current semester I worked with Kathi Davis on supplementary material for a PL/I textbook. PL/I is a computer programming language similar to both FORTRAN and COBOL. Kathi Davis, along with Lyle Domina, are ...
  • Ripley, Lisa (Northern Illinois University, 1984)
    Computers are becoming increasingly important to accounting. General ledgers, cost accounting, and fixed assets can all be computerized. Microcomputers and electronic spreadsheets assist in the preparation of schedules for ...
  • Sorenson, Emily (Northern Illinois University, 2010)
    In this study, the cell lines HeLa, 3T3-Swiss albino, CHO-Kl, and ARPE-19 were cultured and co-incubated with variable concentrations of S-phosphorylated thiols and Nacetylcysteine. Using MTT assays, the cultures were ...
  • Cross, Torrey K. (Northern Illinois University, 1997)
    Alpha-tocopherol, better known as vitamin E, has been known for years to possess antioxidant activity. In this experiment, three cell survival experiments were performed using HeLa cells transfected with the promoter from ...
  • Roy, Arphy (Northern Illinois University, 2011)
    Neutral amino acid transporter ASCT2 is selectively over-expressed in cancerous liver cells. The purpose project was to test why this amino acid transporter was being expressed and to inquire the implicit advantage ASCT2 ...
  • Dunham, Andrew J. (Northern Illinois University, 1988)
    Methyl-4-oxo-10-(1-oxoethoxy)-tricyclo[6.3.0.0²,⁶]undecan-5-oate, a synthetic precursor to hirsutene, was prepared in moderate yields via an intramolecular radical tandem cyclization of 4-(2,6-cyclo-octadienyl)methyl ...

Search Huskie Commons

Browse

My Account