Now showing items 52-71 of 95

• Music and Memory Program 

LaFond, Annabelle (2019-12-06)
    • My Summer SEF Research at Nachusa Grasslands 

Bautista, Angelica, 1986-- (2019)
      Over the summer I participated in various research projects with fellow NIU students. The research sites are located at Nachusa Grasslands in Franklin Grove, IL. I talk about my experience with small mammal trapping, ...
    • Narrative for SEF Study Abroad 2019 China 

Johnson, Timothy (2019-08-08)
      A basic narrative about Timothy Johnson's experience in China of the summer of 2019
    • NIU Latino Oral History Project 

González, Sandra (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      As part of an effort to explore the Latino community and its history, the Latino Oral History Project looks to collect the oral histories of the descendents of families to learn more about migration patterns to the Chicagoland ...
    • Online Expansion of a Palliative Care Training for Direct Care Workers 

Vaidehi, Maniya P., 1996-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020-04-30)
    • PatelAayush Final Reference 

Patel, Aayush (2020-05-05)
    • Predicting whether a Scientific Publication will be Cited in a Patent Filing via Graph Neural Network 

Nueve, Enrique B. (2019)
      This is a reflection for an ongoing project in the field of Geometric Deep Learning. This project is working on designing an algorithm that can recommend potential scientific papers that have unique information that is ...
    • The Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 

Jacob, Rachel (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      This project focuses on the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 and its role in the history of equal employment opportunity law in the United States. Although Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed discrimination ...
    • Quantifying the Ecosystem Services of Dung Beetles in a Restored Tallgrass Prairie 

Whiston, Peyton I., 1997-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017-04-27)
      Humans are highly dependent upon functional ecosystems for a wide variety of goods and services, known as ecosystem services. Through the decomposition of dung, dung beetles provide an ecosystem service valued at US$380 ...
    • Science Communication Video Production 

Yuan, Shupei (2019)
      This project attempted to educate an audience on both climate change and vaccinations, using a variety of tones, emotions, and styles.
    • SEF Final Refection: German Study Abroad Trip 

Woodward, Hunter R, 2000-- (2019-08-09)
      This reflection shows the impact that the SEF had on my academic career. The content focuses on my overall learning experience and how I am going to be able to use the knowledge gained in the real world. The reflection ...
    • SEF Final Report 

Avila, Abril, 1990-- (2018-12-07)
    • SEF Final Report 

Perez, Rosa (2019)
      The project I worked on during my time in the SEF program was The Degradation of Plastic Using Microbes. In my five hours of lab each week, I was able to learn proper aseptic technique. That included using gloves and ...
    • SEF Narrative 

Mogan, James R., 1988-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-04)
    • SEF Narrative: B.A.R.K.S Survey 

Edgar, Kristen M., 1996-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-12-06)
      A student engagement fund narrative and a full campus sustainability survey.
    • SEF Spring 2020 Reflection: Study of a Gene Involved in Collective Cell Migration via Drosophila Melanogaster 

Verace, Leif R., 2001-- (2020-05-08)
      Over the last few months, I have had the opportunity to work on a research project studying a particular gene involved in collective cell migration using Drosophila Melanogaster, aided by the Student Engagement Fund (SEF). ...
    • SEF Summer 2019 Final Narrative 

Naughton, Sarah R., 1995-- (2019)
    • Sex Differences in Jealousy 

Valles, Dakota (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      Evolutionary psychologists theorizes that humans, as a species, have established sex differences in jealousy due to the male’s fear of paternal uncertainty, and a female’s desire for paternal caregiving that stem from our ...
    • Should the U.S. Expand its Use of Geothermal Resources? Lessons from Iceland 

Root, Larissa (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      In this capstone project, geothermal energy is investigated both in its role in the United States, as well as in Iceland. The feasibility of geothermal energy for electricity production will be analyzed within a framework ...
    • Small-Mammal Response to Moonlight in Restored Tallgrass Prairie 

Schofield, Nora L., 1995-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-01)
      Small mammals play an important role in prairies by eating and dispersing seeds of native plants. Most small mammals are nocturnal, and moonlight can suppress small-mammal activity by increasing predation risk, but this ...