Now showing items 36-55 of 66

• My Summer SEF Research at Nachusa Grasslands 

Bautista, Angelica, 1986-- (2019)
      Over the summer I participated in various research projects with fellow NIU students. The research sites are located at Nachusa Grasslands in Franklin Grove, IL. I talk about my experience with small mammal trapping, ...
    • Narrative for SEF Study Abroad 2019 China 

Johnson, Timothy (2019-08-08)
      A basic narrative about Timothy Johnson's experience in China of the summer of 2019
    • NIU Latino Oral History Project 

González, Sandra (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      As part of an effort to explore the Latino community and its history, the Latino Oral History Project looks to collect the oral histories of the descendents of families to learn more about migration patterns to the Chicagoland ...
    • The Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 

Jacob, Rachel (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      This project focuses on the Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 and its role in the history of equal employment opportunity law in the United States. Although Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 outlawed discrimination ...
    • Quantifying the Ecosystem Services of Dung Beetles in a Restored Tallgrass Prairie 

Whiston, Peyton I., 1997-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017-04-27)
      Humans are highly dependent upon functional ecosystems for a wide variety of goods and services, known as ecosystem services. Through the decomposition of dung, dung beetles provide an ecosystem service valued at US$380 ...
    • Science Communication Video Production 

Yuan, Shupei (2019)
      This project attempted to educate an audience on both climate change and vaccinations, using a variety of tones, emotions, and styles.
    • SEF Final Refection: German Study Abroad Trip 

Woodward, Hunter R, 2000-- (2019-08-09)
      This reflection shows the impact that the SEF had on my academic career. The content focuses on my overall learning experience and how I am going to be able to use the knowledge gained in the real world. The reflection ...
    • SEF Final Report 

Avila, Abril, 1990-- (2018-12-07)
    • SEF Narrative 

Mogan, James R., 1988-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-04)
    • SEF Narrative: B.A.R.K.S Survey 

Edgar, Kristen M., 1996-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-12-06)
      A student engagement fund narrative and a full campus sustainability survey.
    • SEF Summer 2019 Final Narrative 

Naughton, Sarah R., 1995-- (2019)
    • Sex Differences in Jealousy 

Valles, Dakota (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      Evolutionary psychologists theorizes that humans, as a species, have established sex differences in jealousy due to the male’s fear of paternal uncertainty, and a female’s desire for paternal caregiving that stem from our ...
    • Should the U.S. Expand its Use of Geothermal Resources? Lessons from Iceland 

Root, Larissa (Northern Illinois University, 2015-05)
      In this capstone project, geothermal energy is investigated both in its role in the United States, as well as in Iceland. The feasibility of geothermal energy for electricity production will be analyzed within a framework ...
    • The Social Roots of Genocide: The Bosnian Genocide 

Holt, Matthew W., 1997-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017-05-05)
      Genocide is often claimed as a a top down action of political violence. This report does not contest that, but moreover focuses on the social interactions at the individual level that encouraged crimes including, but not ...
    • Student Engagement Fund - Equine Research Project 

Kerfoot, Heather L., 1974-- (2019-08)
      The purpose of the Equine Research Project was to discern if equine therapy decreases anxiety levels of individuals with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) using wearable biosensor technology and direct observation. The Equine ...
    • Student Engagement Fund 2019 

LaGioia, Giana G., 1998-- (2019-08-09)
      This essay is a reflection of my experience apart of the student engagement fund. I worked alongside Dr. Walter during the summer to complete her research. I plan to continue working on this project through Fall 2019. This ...
    • Student Engagement Fund 2019 Summer: Study Abroad 

Cater, Nathanial R., 1997-- (Northern Illinois University, 2019-08-08)
      The Office Student Engagement Fund's required Final Reflection for the awarded funds by Nathanial Cater. The content of this writing summarizes the activities endeavored upon throughout the duration of the study abroad May ...
    • Student Engagement Fund Final Narrative 

Barajas, Marisol, 1995-- (2019-08-08)
      An essay for those who need to learn about a first hand experience about study abroad in China.
    • Student Engagement Fund Narrative (Fall 2018) 

Kingzette, Alexia M., 1998-- (2018-12-08)
      This is a narrative report of my attendance of the 52nd Annual Convention for the Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies in Washington, D.C. I attended and presented a poster with my faculty mentor Dr. David ...
    • Student Engagement Fund Research Reflection 

Kowalczyk, Monica, 1997-- (2019-08)
      This reflection describes my experience through the Student Engagement Fund, where I worked alongside two of my graduate school professors on a CNA training program that focused on palliative care.