Now showing items 1-20 of 43

• Gutted: Stem to Stern 

Bath, Zachary J, 1991-- (2020-05)
    • The Absence of Humanity 

Ponce, Heriberto, 1975-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-10)
    • Challenging the Stigma Mental Health and Wellness in College 

Garcia, Larissa K., 1976--; Kortegast, Carrie; Labatte, Jessica (2019-02)
      Mental health and wellness are concerns for all people in direct and indirect ways. This catalogue accompanies the exhibition of the same name held on February 1-28, 2019, at the Founders Memorial Library of Northern ...
    • Yamin Xu Master of Fine Art Thesis 

Xu, Yamin (2020-05-07)
      Yamin is a graduate student at Northern Illinois University. Before emigrating from China to come to the United States and pursuing an MFA, he had an undergraduate degree in Art Design and a master's degree in ...
    • Different Views 

Espejel, Manuel (Northern Illinois Univeristy, 2020-05-04)
      I got into fashion through an older cousin who showed me magazines and had his own boutique store. He was much older than me and had a positive demeanor which showed me how to do more in life. My cousin introduced me to ...
    • - Nine Years - 

Koenig, Danielle M. (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Danielle Koenig obtained her Associate in Arts degree from Sauk Valley Community College in 2016 and will receiving her B.F.A in Design and Media Arts in photography, in 2020 from NIU. She has been in group exhibitions ...
    • Consequences 

Myrick, Brieana (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Our need for convenience has drastically and permanently damaged the environment. These images explore how we as individuals produce so much waste, most of which is single use plastics and food waste. These photographs ...
    • Edge of Epiphany 

Zurlinden, Anna-Marie, 1969-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This body of work deals with the human condition at large, but more specifically contemplates what is shared by mankind across time and culture and seeks to bridge the physical and spiritual of human experience. These ...
    • The Comfort Of Restraint 

Terwedow, Scotland E, 1998-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This collection of work was created to draw attention to a side of the bondage-dominance-sadism-masochism, or BDSM, community that is usually portrayed as unwilling victims in mainstream media. The subs and masochists of ...
    • Developing a Critical Perspective of Creative Agency in Digital Environments 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (MacroWorld, 2018-12-12)
      Previous understandings of creativity have focused on the individual, and digital technologies as static tools. Since then, our understanding of creativity has developed through a social psychology understanding to link ...
    • Secondary Level Art Students’ Experiences Creating Artwork Using Software Programs 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (2019)
      This data set was collected as part of Nicholas Leonard's pilot study research in 2018. In order for participants to be eligible for this pilot study they must have met the following criteria: The participant must be a ...
    • The Invocation 

Saab, Zeinab (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-10)
    • Burned Deeply By The Flames of Shame 

Mendoza, Samantha R., 1991-- (2019)
    • Portfolio Presentation 

Dickenson, Elizabeth S. (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      Since childhood I’ve felt compelled to tell stories, whether verbally or visually. Some pieces are born out of passion and purpose, some from dreams or fantasies, but all begin with a story. I’m driven to create works that ...
    • Chromatic Reverie 

Zollinger, Paul (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      The phenomenon of color perception is unique to every individual. Our view of color can be shaped by our mood, feelings, and memories. In Chromatic Reverie each frame is projected briefly giving a feeling of impermanence. ...
    • Still Searching 

Norris, Ari, 1995-- (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05)
      (Show Statement) A nondescript image of a sailboat and a pair of clouds, titled “A Scene from Moby Dick,” hangs in the living room of The Simpson’s family above the couch. Without knowing the title, the cartoon composition ...
    • Phobia 

Kozuch, Aubrianna S., 1994-- (2019)
      Aubrianna Kozuch Phobias can be irrational and specific for people. In my work I want to portray phobias such as, Trypophobia (fear of holes), Spectrophobia (fear of mirrors), and Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). These ...
    • Into My Mind 

Greene, Tyler (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      You ever woke up from a fucked-up dream that has you thinking about it for hours, days even? In my current body of work, I would say those type of dreams are the inspiration for my studio practice. I intent to capture a ...
    • This Is Not a Dead Man 

Hunter, Kevin (2019)
    • Plastic Patriotism 

Linquist, John S., 1966- (2019-02-18)