Now showing items 21-40 of 62

• Going Dutch 

Valentine, Aimee J. (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-30)
      Going Dutch is a narrative exploration of the boundaries of object/subject relationships through image, material, and form. Beds, body parts, containers, food, and domestic appliances appear in the work as symbols of ...
    • Gutted: Stem to Stern 

Bath, Zachary J, 1991-- (2020-05)
    • Holding onto Reality 

Rivera, Jacob B., 1997 (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-26)
      A sense of familiarity and comfort can be found in many things we keep close to us. Being at home or with friends and family are examples of what we may consider sources of comfort. Although I am in a place of comfort, ...
    • Home is Where the Lost Are 

Allen, Michael A., 1987-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      Surrounded by dwindling social interactions as a result of lockdowns and health considerations with COVID-19, I spent a significant portion of 2020 sitting, feeling lost in the place called home. As the world has moved ...
    • How To 

Kang, Christina M. 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-05)
      How To is a one-person exhibition of mixed media drawings and prints. The exhibited work is meant to convey my personal explorations and representations of my identity crisis as a Taiwanese-American woman in the forms of ...
    • ill_be_waiting_in_the_wings 

Schreiber, Gretchen A., 1989 (2021-04-26)
    • Into My Mind 

Greene, Tyler (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      You ever woke up from a fucked-up dream that has you thinking about it for hours, days even? In my current body of work, I would say those type of dreams are the inspiration for my studio practice. I intent to capture a ...
    • The Invocation 

Saab, Zeinab (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-10)
    • Iterations 

Wojciaczyk, Kinga (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      These works focus on the interconnectedness of the commonplace, the world, and the universe as a whole. Utilizing imagery originating in the natural world, photographic compositions are layered and blended through Photoshop ...
    • load - bearing 

Sawka, Elyse (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      This body of work explores the understanding of literal and metaphoric attachments to intimate spaces I once had access to; my interest lies in memory, identity, and place. This investigation began with photographic ...
    • Love and Justice 

Peters, Hayley (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      From an early age, children pretend and use imagination when playing with their toys and friends. They create their own stories with endless possibilities. When they grow up however, many of them lose that childlike spirit. ...
    • Melancholia, Thesis and Documentation of One-Person Exhibition 

Elsten, Andrew K., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-05)
    • The Messy Truth of My Body 

Nania, Ashley A.,1999. (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      This photographic series focuses on the daily challenges women face such as the issue of sexual assault, society’s standards for women, and the messy truth of our bodies. When I share the story of my sexual assault, I am ...
    • Neglected Interiors 

Zalewski, Linda F., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      The images in the series, Neglected Interiors, capture the remote interior spaces of abandoned industrial buildings. I focus on the aesthetic qualities of the room as there is wonder in the remnants and vacant structures. ...
    • - Nine Years - 

Koenig, Danielle M. (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Danielle Koenig obtained her Associate in Arts degree from Sauk Valley Community College in 2016 and will receiving her B.F.A in Design and Media Arts in photography, in 2020 from NIU. She has been in group exhibitions ...
    • no one belongs here more than you 

Silver, Tania Y.,1992-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-09)
      Through collection, installation, and maintenance of discarded plant materials this body of work explores protection and care of the self.
    • Otherwise Uninteresting Things 

Daugherty, Sheena R. (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      These images were compiled throughout my daily life, capturing moments that drew my attention while I was doing otherwise uninteresting things. Because sometimes what surrounds us goes unrecognized. There is a failure ...
    • Out with the Boys - League Night 

Gilchrist, Nathanial J,1991-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-30)
    • Permanence 

Bachman, Angela (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My body of work focuses on the simple aspects of inspiration and what naturally and organically has come into my life as positive motivation. This is directly associated with nature, as this has always served as a beautiful ...
    • Phobia 

Kozuch, Aubrianna S., 1994-- (2019)
      Aubrianna Kozuch Phobias can be irrational and specific for people. In my work I want to portray phobias such as, Trypophobia (fear of holes), Spectrophobia (fear of mirrors), and Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). These ...