Now showing items 34-53 of 62

• Neglected Interiors 

Zalewski, Linda F., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      The images in the series, Neglected Interiors, capture the remote interior spaces of abandoned industrial buildings. I focus on the aesthetic qualities of the room as there is wonder in the remnants and vacant structures. ...
    • - Nine Years - 

Koenig, Danielle M. (Northern Illinois University, 2020-05-04)
      Danielle Koenig obtained her Associate in Arts degree from Sauk Valley Community College in 2016 and will receiving her B.F.A in Design and Media Arts in photography, in 2020 from NIU. She has been in group exhibitions ...
    • no one belongs here more than you 

Silver, Tania Y.,1992-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-09)
      Through collection, installation, and maintenance of discarded plant materials this body of work explores protection and care of the self.
    • Otherwise Uninteresting Things 

Daugherty, Sheena R. (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      These images were compiled throughout my daily life, capturing moments that drew my attention while I was doing otherwise uninteresting things. Because sometimes what surrounds us goes unrecognized. There is a failure ...
    • Out with the Boys - League Night 

Gilchrist, Nathanial J,1991-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-30)
    • Permanence 

Bachman, Angela (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My body of work focuses on the simple aspects of inspiration and what naturally and organically has come into my life as positive motivation. This is directly associated with nature, as this has always served as a beautiful ...
    • Phobia 

Kozuch, Aubrianna S., 1994-- (2019)
      Aubrianna Kozuch Phobias can be irrational and specific for people. In my work I want to portray phobias such as, Trypophobia (fear of holes), Spectrophobia (fear of mirrors), and Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). These ...
    • Plastic Patriotism 

Linquist, John S., 1966- (2019-02-18)
    • Portfolio Presentation 

Dickenson, Elizabeth S. (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      Since childhood I’ve felt compelled to tell stories, whether verbally or visually. Some pieces are born out of passion and purpose, some from dreams or fantasies, but all begin with a story. I’m driven to create works that ...
    • Queer Space 

Shelton, Amy L., 1993-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Queer Space For this project, I photographed LGBTQIA+ young adults in their bedrooms and living spaces. My interest in these spaces stems from a desire to find places that feel like home. In my search, home does not ...
    • Research in the Studio, Artists in the Stacks: Mapping Information Literacy and the Library in a Studio arts Program 

Garcia, Larissa K., 1976--; Labatte, Jessica (ACRL, 2021)
      This chapter describes the collaboration between a studio arts faculty member and an art librarian to integrate information literacy into the photography program through curriculum mapping. What began as a one-shot library ...
    • Responding to the Antique. A Rediscovered Roman Circus Sarcophagus and its Renaissance Afterlife 

Bell, Sinclair (Berlin-Brandenbrugische Akademie der Wissenschaften; Humboldt - Universitate zu Berlin, 2005)
      Article describes a late imperial-period Roman sarcophagus and discusses how classical and Renaissance art historians reconstructed, dated, and interpreted it.
    • Review of G. Koch, K. Fittschen, and O. Dally, eds., Akten des Symposiums des Sarkofag-Corpus Marburg 2001 (Mainz 2007) 

Bell, Sinclair (Peeters, 2010)
      Review of G. Koch, K. Fittschen, and O. Dally, eds., Akten des Symposiums des Sarkofag-Corpus, Marburg 2001 (Mainz 2007)
    • Review of K.E. Welch, The Roman Amphitheatre: From Its Origins to the Colosseum (Cambridge 2007) and N. Bateman et al., London's Roman Amphitheatre: Guildhall Yard, City of London (London 2008) American Journal of Archaeology 115.1 

Bell, Sinclair (Archaeological Institute of America, 2011)
      Review of K.E. Welch's The Roman Amphitheatre: From Its Origins to the Colosseum and N. Bateman et al., London's Roman Amphitheatre: Guildhall Yard, City of London.
    • Rubberband Man Enters the Virtual Still Life 

Norris, Ari O., 1995-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-05-05)
    • Saturday's And Dreamsicles 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (NA, 2018-05-09)
    • Secondary Level Art Students’ Experiences Creating Artwork Using Software Programs 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (2019)
      This data set was collected as part of Nicholas Leonard's pilot study research in 2018. In order for participants to be eligible for this pilot study they must have met the following criteria: The participant must be a ...
    • Still Searching 

Norris, Ari, 1995-- (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05)
      (Show Statement) A nondescript image of a sailboat and a pair of clouds, titled “A Scene from Moby Dick,” hangs in the living room of The Simpson’s family above the couch. Without knowing the title, the cartoon composition ...
    • Tales of Mortality 

Padgett, Gregory S., 1988-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-12)
      Tales of Mortality is a one-person exhibition of prints and drawings. The exhibited work is meant to be a representation of my psyche wrestling with notions of divinity and mortality depicted through narrative illustrations ...
    • Tattered Remains 

Houlne, Katherine (Northern Illinois University, 2016)
      All life depends upon connections. As one uniting thread begins to unravel, all other threads become tattered and torn. Birds are a vital thread in the connections within an ecosystem. Birds are an indicator species and ...