Now showing items 12-31 of 62

• Developing a Critical Perspective of Creative Agency in Digital Environments 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (MacroWorld, 2018-12-12)
      Previous understandings of creativity have focused on the individual, and digital technologies as static tools. Since then, our understanding of creativity has developed through a social psychology understanding to link ...
    • Different Views 

Espejel, Manuel (Northern Illinois Univeristy, 2020-05-04)
      I got into fashion through an older cousin who showed me magazines and had his own boutique store. He was much older than me and had a positive demeanor which showed me how to do more in life. My cousin introduced me to ...
    • Disappear Here 

Barnat, Larissa (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      Through the disappearance, destruction of the environment, and personal loss, my paintings have a feeling of dread. Regarding the destruction of the environment, coral reefs play an essential role for local communities and ...
    • Divinity Series 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My mission is to create works of art that will leave a perpetual impression on the psyche of the viewer. Each piece carries a message that challenges the persona of beauty, love, pain and the hidden stigmas of everyday ...
    • Edge of Epiphany 

Zurlinden, Anna-Marie, 1969-- (Northern Illinois University, 2020)
      This body of work deals with the human condition at large, but more specifically contemplates what is shared by mankind across time and culture and seeks to bridge the physical and spiritual of human experience. These ...
    • The Face of Victory? A Misidentified Head in Rome and the "Problem" of Charioteer Portraits 

Bell, Sinclair (Ausonius Editions, 2008)
      Chapter examines a piece of Roman statuary, arguing that it is not in fact a depiction of a Roman charioteer, but rather an ideal figure, probably a Greek athlete.
    • Forbidden Fruit 

Anders, Briana N, 1994 (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      This series of photographs explores the relationships between color and sexual desire through elaborate scenes involving fruit, people, and objects grouped together according to color theory. This work focuses on common ...
    • Fresh Out 

Viola, Antoinette (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      Fresh Out explores the infinite and indefinable world of femininity. Portraits, still lifes, and installation materials work together to investigate gender performance, power structures, and pleasure paradoxes. Within ...
    • Freshly Settled 

Albano, Kathleen (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Our early 20's are full of fleeting moments. We roam in a strange, yet electric, in-­‐between stage of aging. I became conscious of this myself, when I married at the age of 21. Our days grew shorter, as a youthful routine ...
    • Going Dutch 

Valentine, Aimee J. (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-30)
      Going Dutch is a narrative exploration of the boundaries of object/subject relationships through image, material, and form. Beds, body parts, containers, food, and domestic appliances appear in the work as symbols of ...
    • Gutted: Stem to Stern 

Bath, Zachary J, 1991-- (2020-05)
    • Holding onto Reality 

Rivera, Jacob B., 1997 (Northern Illinois University, 2021-04-26)
      A sense of familiarity and comfort can be found in many things we keep close to us. Being at home or with friends and family are examples of what we may consider sources of comfort. Although I am in a place of comfort, ...
    • Home is Where the Lost Are 

Allen, Michael A., 1987-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021)
      Surrounded by dwindling social interactions as a result of lockdowns and health considerations with COVID-19, I spent a significant portion of 2020 sitting, feeling lost in the place called home. As the world has moved ...
    • How To 

Kang, Christina M. 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2021-05)
      How To is a one-person exhibition of mixed media drawings and prints. The exhibited work is meant to convey my personal explorations and representations of my identity crisis as a Taiwanese-American woman in the forms of ...
    • ill_be_waiting_in_the_wings 

Schreiber, Gretchen A., 1989 (2021-04-26)
    • Into My Mind 

Greene, Tyler (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      You ever woke up from a fucked-up dream that has you thinking about it for hours, days even? In my current body of work, I would say those type of dreams are the inspiration for my studio practice. I intent to capture a ...
    • The Invocation 

Saab, Zeinab (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-10)
    • Iterations 

Wojciaczyk, Kinga (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      These works focus on the interconnectedness of the commonplace, the world, and the universe as a whole. Utilizing imagery originating in the natural world, photographic compositions are layered and blended through Photoshop ...
    • load - bearing 

Sawka, Elyse (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      This body of work explores the understanding of literal and metaphoric attachments to intimate spaces I once had access to; my interest lies in memory, identity, and place. This investigation began with photographic ...
    • Love and Justice 

Peters, Hayley (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      From an early age, children pretend and use imagination when playing with their toys and friends. They create their own stories with endless possibilities. When they grow up however, many of them lose that childlike spirit. ...