Now showing items 1-20 of 35

• Developing a Critical Perspective of Creative Agency in Digital Environments 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (MacroWorld, 2018-12-12)
      Previous understandings of creativity have focused on the individual, and digital technologies as static tools. Since then, our understanding of creativity has developed through a social psychology understanding to link ...
    • Secondary Level Art Students’ Experiences Creating Artwork Using Software Programs 

Leonard, Nicholas G., 1989-- (2019)
      This data set was collected as part of Nicholas Leonard's pilot study research in 2018. In order for participants to be eligible for this pilot study they must have met the following criteria: The participant must be a ...
    • The Invocation 

Saab, Zeinab (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-10)
    • Burned Deeply By The Flames of Shame 

Mendoza, Samantha R., 1991-- (2019)
    • Portfolio Presentation 

Dickenson, Elizabeth S. (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      Since childhood I’ve felt compelled to tell stories, whether verbally or visually. Some pieces are born out of passion and purpose, some from dreams or fantasies, but all begin with a story. I’m driven to create works that ...
    • Chromatic Reverie 

Zollinger, Paul (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      The phenomenon of color perception is unique to every individual. Our view of color can be shaped by our mood, feelings, and memories. In Chromatic Reverie each frame is projected briefly giving a feeling of impermanence. ...
    • Still Searching 

Norris, Ari, 1995-- (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05)
      (Show Statement) A nondescript image of a sailboat and a pair of clouds, titled “A Scene from Moby Dick,” hangs in the living room of The Simpson’s family above the couch. Without knowing the title, the cartoon composition ...
    • Phobia 

Kozuch, Aubrianna S., 1994-- (2019)
      Aubrianna Kozuch Phobias can be irrational and specific for people. In my work I want to portray phobias such as, Trypophobia (fear of holes), Spectrophobia (fear of mirrors), and Coulrophobia (fear of clowns). These ...
    • Into My Mind 

Greene, Tyler (Northern Illinois University, 2019-05-06)
      You ever woke up from a fucked-up dream that has you thinking about it for hours, days even? In my current body of work, I would say those type of dreams are the inspiration for my studio practice. I intent to capture a ...
    • This Is Not a Dead Man 

Hunter, Kevin (2019)
    • Plastic Patriotism 

Linquist, John S., 1966- (2019-02-18)
    • Resurrecting "Sizwe Banzi is Dead" (1972-2008): John Kani, Winston Ntshona, Athol Fugard, and Postapartheid South Africa 

Cima, Gibson A., 1982-- (American Society for Theatre Research, 2009-05)
      On 30 June 2006 at the annual National Arts Festival in Grahamstown, South Africa, two giants of South African protest theatre, John Kani and Winston Ntshona, performed as the original cast of the landmark struggle drama ...
    • Video Magic 

Griffith, Rebecca (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      I excavate material from VHS cassettes discussing the human body, the human nervous system, nostalgia, and memory. My work examines the process of coping and caregiving for a parent’s illness from a young age to adulthood. ...
    • Iterations 

Wojciaczyk, Kinga (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      These works focus on the interconnectedness of the commonplace, the world, and the universe as a whole. Utilizing imagery originating in the natural world, photographic compositions are layered and blended through Photoshop ...
    • load - bearing 

Sawka, Elyse (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      This body of work explores the understanding of literal and metaphoric attachments to intimate spaces I once had access to; my interest lies in memory, identity, and place. This investigation began with photographic ...
    • Love and Justice 

Peters, Hayley (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      From an early age, children pretend and use imagination when playing with their toys and friends. They create their own stories with endless possibilities. When they grow up however, many of them lose that childlike spirit. ...
    • Fresh Out 

Viola, Antoinette (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      Fresh Out explores the infinite and indefinable world of femininity. Portraits, still lifes, and installation materials work together to investigate gender performance, power structures, and pleasure paradoxes. Within ...
    • Permanence 

Bachman, Angela (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My body of work focuses on the simple aspects of inspiration and what naturally and organically has come into my life as positive motivation. This is directly associated with nature, as this has always served as a beautiful ...
    • Transmigration 

O'Heron, Sarah M., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-09)
      Transmigration is the spiritual concept said to be the migration of a soul into a new body. The natural and found items act as the soul elements of my work, which are transformed into new existences and made precious. As ...
    • Saturday's And Dreamsicles 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (NA, 2018-05-09)