Now showing items 2-21 of 23

• The Creatures come out to Play 

Crocker, Megan (Northern Illinois University, 2017-05-10)
      Study on the real vs not real of imagination that captures the mind. To take something that seems so out of touch with reality and bring it to life in photographs.
    • Divinity Series 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My mission is to create works of art that will leave a perpetual impression on the psyche of the viewer. Each piece carries a message that challenges the persona of beauty, love, pain and the hidden stigmas of everyday ...
    • The Face of Victory? A Misidentified Head in Rome and the "Problem" of Charioteer Portraits 

Bell, Sinclair (Ausonius Editions, 2008)
      Chapter examines a piece of Roman statuary, arguing that it is not in fact a depiction of a Roman charioteer, but rather an ideal figure, probably a Greek athlete.
    • Fresh Out 

Viola, Antoinette (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      Fresh Out explores the infinite and indefinable world of femininity. Portraits, still lifes, and installation materials work together to investigate gender performance, power structures, and pleasure paradoxes. Within ...
    • Freshly Settled 

Albano, Kathleen (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Our early 20's are full of fleeting moments. We roam in a strange, yet electric, in-­‐between stage of aging. I became conscious of this myself, when I married at the age of 21. Our days grew shorter, as a youthful routine ...
    • Iterations 

Wojciaczyk, Kinga (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      These works focus on the interconnectedness of the commonplace, the world, and the universe as a whole. Utilizing imagery originating in the natural world, photographic compositions are layered and blended through Photoshop ...
    • load - bearing 

Sawka, Elyse (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      This body of work explores the understanding of literal and metaphoric attachments to intimate spaces I once had access to; my interest lies in memory, identity, and place. This investigation began with photographic ...
    • Love and Justice 

Peters, Hayley (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      From an early age, children pretend and use imagination when playing with their toys and friends. They create their own stories with endless possibilities. When they grow up however, many of them lose that childlike spirit. ...
    • Neglected Interiors 

Zalewski, Linda F., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      The images in the series, Neglected Interiors, capture the remote interior spaces of abandoned industrial buildings. I focus on the aesthetic qualities of the room as there is wonder in the remnants and vacant structures. ...
    • no one belongs here more than you 

Silver, Tania Y.,1992-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-09)
      Through collection, installation, and maintenance of discarded plant materials this body of work explores protection and care of the self.
    • Otherwise Uninteresting Things 

Daugherty, Sheena R. (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      These images were compiled throughout my daily life, capturing moments that drew my attention while I was doing otherwise uninteresting things. Because sometimes what surrounds us goes unrecognized. There is a failure ...
    • Permanence 

Bachman, Angela (Northern Illinois University, 2018)
      My body of work focuses on the simple aspects of inspiration and what naturally and organically has come into my life as positive motivation. This is directly associated with nature, as this has always served as a beautiful ...
    • Queer Space 

Shelton, Amy L., 1993-- (Northern Illinois University, 2017)
      Queer Space For this project, I photographed LGBTQIA+ young adults in their bedrooms and living spaces. My interest in these spaces stems from a desire to find places that feel like home. In my search, home does not ...
    • Responding to the Antique. A Rediscovered Roman Circus Sarcophagus and its Renaissance Afterlife 

Bell, Sinclair (Berlin-Brandenbrugische Akademie der Wissenschaften; Humboldt - Universitate zu Berlin, 2005)
      Article describes a late imperial-period Roman sarcophagus and discusses how classical and Renaissance art historians reconstructed, dated, and interpreted it.
    • Review of G. Koch, K. Fittschen, and O. Dally, eds., Akten des Symposiums des Sarkofag-Corpus Marburg 2001 (Mainz 2007) 

Bell, Sinclair (Peeters, 2010)
      Review of G. Koch, K. Fittschen, and O. Dally, eds., Akten des Symposiums des Sarkofag-Corpus, Marburg 2001 (Mainz 2007)
    • Review of K.E. Welch, The Roman Amphitheatre: From Its Origins to the Colosseum (Cambridge 2007) and N. Bateman et al., London's Roman Amphitheatre: Guildhall Yard, City of London (London 2008) American Journal of Archaeology 115.1 

Bell, Sinclair (Archaeological Institute of America, 2011)
      Review of K.E. Welch's The Roman Amphitheatre: From Its Origins to the Colosseum and N. Bateman et al., London's Roman Amphitheatre: Guildhall Yard, City of London.
    • Saturday's And Dreamsicles 

Calvin, Jamiah J., 1981-- (NA, 2018-05-09)
    • Tattered Remains 

Houlne, Katherine (Northern Illinois University, 2016)
      All life depends upon connections. As one uniting thread begins to unravel, all other threads become tattered and torn. Birds are a vital thread in the connections within an ecosystem. Birds are an indicator species and ...
    • Transmigration 

O'Heron, Sarah M., 1994-- (Northern Illinois University, 2018-05-09)
      Transmigration is the spiritual concept said to be the migration of a soul into a new body. The natural and found items act as the soul elements of my work, which are transformed into new existences and made precious. As ...